Some quick updates on a few upcoming and recently past events.
1) The annual House Crawl is this Saturday, November 5th. Details are posted on the CB Barbarians FB page, or contact me directly for details. Should be fun! Remember Barbarian of the Year is announced at the end of the night. This is perhaps the best party of the year here in Cape Breton. “Better than Christmas” is our slogan.
2) Run the Lakes, originally scheduled for Nov 6th, has been cancelled due to flood damage at The Lakes golf course. Watch for this race to return next year.
3) The annual Pursuit Run and CBRR end-of-year banquet is on Nov 12th, Saturday. The run will be at the usual location on Cromarty St. The banquet will be at a new location due to the demise of the South End Community Centre. Watch your email, twitter, and cbtrisports.com for details.
Don’t forget, the Pursuit Run is a very interesting format where head starts are given by age and sex, and whoever crosses the line first is the best age group runner of 2016. It’s different and lots of fun. Hope you can make it.
4) Beginners swimming will be starting next week. Details will be going out soon. We have one spot left, so let me know if you’re interested.
5) Congrats to everyone who ran last weekend’s Pumpkin Run, and congratulations to Justin Lalanne and Mary Luco - this year’s winners. A huge thanks to Dave Dalgliesh and his merry band of cadets for putting on this fun event. Great turnout for both adults and kids.
6) Congrats to our very own Chrissy Smith (pictured above) who was 12th place with a spectacularly fast run at last weekend’s AUAA Cross Country championship race. Chrissy is in year 2 running for Acadia, and is obviously doing some serious training. Her result qualifies her for the national championship. We’re proud of her!
7) Don’t forget the weekly track run is changed to a tempo run for the winter, for now starting at our place at 15 Howe Court. 6K and 9K options currently. And the Friday evening Breton Brewing run continues, start time flexible but end time 6:30 back at Breton Brewing on Keltic Drive.
Hope to see you soon!
15 Howe Court, Sydney B1P 0B2